Georgie's Grass Green

 Georgie's Grass Green is glaze #18 of my commercial glaze tests. Grass Green is mostly transparent on lighter clays, with a heavier application giving tones of blue. On buff clay, it becomes a lovely blue green. On red clay, the color is muted to blue specks, more coats may lead to more color, I think I applied too few coats for this test. On dark brown clay, the color mostly disappears with just a few flecks of blue. Transparent glazes often don't show up on the dark brown clay so I rarely even test them on that particular body. One of my favorite Georgie's glazes. Fired to cone 5 1/2 on Kentucky Mudworks and Standard (112) clays.

White Lightning porcelain

Dark Star White Stoneware w/specks

Standard 112 Buff Stoneware w/specks

Sheltowee Red Stoneware

Brown Bear Dark Brown Stoneware


Comments