Georgie's Perfect White

Georgie's Perfect White gloss glaze is #13 in my commercial glaze tests. As you can see by the pics, the glaze looks not exactly 'perfect' on the White Lightning porcelain. It crawled a bit on that, but it's most likely not the fault of the glaze, it looks like I applied it too thick on that clay. I've only seen crawling in glazes when I've applied too thick/too many coats. I probably watered it down a bit before dipping the darker clays, so it looks better on those. I rather like the pinholes on the dark clay, it happens a lot with opaque glazes on that clay and I just roll with it rather than trying to correct it. As they say, it's a feature not a defect :) Fired to cone 5 1/2 on Kentucky Mudworks and Standard (112) clays.

White Lightning

112

Sheltowee

Dark Star

Brown Bear

#ceramics #ceramicglaze #georgiesglaze #georgieswhiteglaze #porcelainglaze #stonewareglaze #redclay #darkclay #speckledstoneware #kentuckymudworks #kymudworksclay #standard112clay

Comments