Amaco Satin Oribe

 Amaco Satin Oribe is glaze #14 in my commercial glaze tests. Whoo boy, I love this newish Potter's Choice glaze, especially on the red, buff, and dark brown stoneware clays. A glaze that when I opened the kiln and saw this glaze for the first time, said 'ohh yeah, that's a niiice glaze alright'. Satins and other mattes are my absolute favorite! Satin Oribe is what I'd call a 'waxy' matte. I'm not sure if that's even a term used for glazes, but I use it anyways along with Dry, Stoney, and Creamy to describe the way a matte feels. I love the gray/green flecks and the subtle texture breaks of this glaze. Fired to cone 5 1/2 on Kentucky Mudworks and Standard (112) clays.

White Lightning Porcelain

Dark Star

112

Sheltowee

Brown Bear

#ceramics #ceramicglaze #commercialglaze #amaco #amacoglaze #amacosatinoribe #satinglaze #porcelain #stoneware #redclay #darkclay #speckledstoneware #glazetest #glazechip #bluesatinglaze #kymudworks #standard112 #standardclay #earthnocturne

Comments